Add a custom domain
When a user is trying to set up a custom domain, as per this user guide article, they will create a new hosted zone in the
cloud-platform AWS account.
If this is a new sub-domain of
service.justice.gov.uk, these steps are required:
- Wait for the new hosted zone to be created by the pipeline, once the user’s PR to define it has been merged
- Find the hosted zone record in the Route53 section of the AWS console of the cloud-platform account, and copy the nameserver details from the
NSrecord. Create a temporary copy of these values (on the clipboard or a text file)
- Switch to the mojdsd AWS account console, and find the hosted zone for service.justice.gov.uk in the Route53 section
- Use the “Create Record Set” button:
- Name: The new sub-domain
- Type: NS - Name server
- TTL: 300
- Value: The nameserver details you copied from the cloud-platform AWS account hosted zone
- Routing Policy: Simple
This page was last reviewed on 25 May 2023. It needs to be reviewed again on 25 August 2023 by the page owner #cloud-platform .
This page was set to be reviewed before 25 August 2023 by the page owner #cloud-platform. This might mean the content is out of date.